OPT-IN OFFER EXTENDED
TILL END OF JUNE!!!
TENNIS MEMBERS MAY NOW OPT-IN AND APPLY THEIR MARCH 50% DUES CREDIT FOR ACCESS TO PLAY TENNIS THROUGH JUNE 30th
If you have already opted-in, your access is extend through the end of June
New Tennis Court hours as of 5/25/20
Monday & Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am – 3:00pm
We are pleased to announce that we have been given the authority by the required regulatory agencies to re-open our tennis courts to you with specific guidelines, restrictions and conditions.
What does this mean for Harbor Bay Club and our Members?
- We will be open for tennis & pickleball for family play and for singles, NO Doubles (see guidelines below).
- We are dedicated to following all COVID -19 safety precautions and requirements to create a safe and welcoming environment for staff and members alike.
- All adult members will be required to sign a waiver prior to being admitted onto a court. Complete online waiver at least 24 hours prior to your first court time. If you cannot complete the waiver online, you may print it (see waiver at bottom of eblast), sign it and bring it to your first court time. We will have copies to sign at the check in desk if all other options are unavailable to you. Pens will be provided.
- As we move through June, we will continue to update you with any additional facility access.
Guidelines for playing tennis & pickleball
effective May 19, 2020
(Resources: USTA and CDC)
- Play will be by online reservation only (no drop-in’s, no guests & no spectators – players only allowed on premises). Courts may be reserved up to 7 days in advance and must be booked at least 12 hours prior to play time. No back to back reservations per member. Please be aware some Courts are Closed to provide for Physical Distancing.
- Partial Opening: To begin with, Courts will be open Mon – Fri from 9:00 AM – 5:00PM (last time to begin play will be 3:30pm) and Sat & Sun from 9:00AM – 3:00PM (last time to begin play will be 1:30pm).
- Two Pickleball courts will be available for reservation. Follow all Tennis guidelines for Pickleball play.
- Courts can be reserved for singles & family* play for one 75-minute session and on a specific court. You must enter the court exactly at the reserved time and exit promptly when your time is up, allowing sufficient time for the next arrivals. Failure to exit promptly will result in forfeiture of future reservations privileges.
*Family Play: Play is limited to 4 persons on one court, all must be HBC Members and all live in the same household.
- One Member will make the reservation online in their name and enter the name of the second player (or up to 3 family members playing with them) in the Reservation Notes.
- Cancellation policy: You must cancel your reservation online at least 24 hours prior to reserved time.
- Enter by the side chain link gate off the parking lot near court 2 to check-in.
- Staff will be present to properly check you in and verify court reservations.
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your reservation time.
- Harbor Bay Club requires all members to wear a mask from your vehicle to check-in and when entering and leaving the courts. No masks required when ball is in play.
- Bring your own equipment including balls, towel & water. Club towels will not be provided. Drinking fountains & water jugs will be unavailable. No alcohol allowed. Players must dispose of all trash, in trash cans, before leaving or take with you.
- No ball machine reservations.
- Restroom facilities in the JR. Locker Room will be available. Observe social distancing while waiting.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the ever-changing county and state guidelines.
Guidelines from USTA Website:
Before You Play
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
- Bring a full water bottle. No water fountain or water jugs available.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible.
- Consider taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment.
- Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Singles play only. No playing doubles.
- Stay on your side of court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
- Absolutely NO gatherings in groups.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
- Shower at home.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing.
- All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
Use four balls or six balls
- Open two cans of tennis balls that do not share the same number on the ball.
- Each player should mark their balls with clear and unique marking
- Take one set of numbered balls and have your playing partner take a set of balls from the other can.
- Proceed with play, making sure to pick up your set of numbered/marked balls only. Should a ball with the other number/marking wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to the other side of the court.