Lap Swimming begins Tuesday, September 8th
Reservation Access Begins September 7th.
Lap Swim Hours
Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 9:30 PM and
Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
As we welcome you back, we want to assure you that your health and well-being is our top priority. We have created Lap Swimming guidelines and procedures to ensure that you feel comfortable and have a great member experience. This means things will look a little different when you walk through our doors.
We have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
Please follow all posted instructions while at the club.
- We are open for Lap Swimming for members (see guidelines below).
- We are dedicated to following all COVID -19 safety precautions and requirements to create a safe and welcoming environment for staff and members alike.
- Complete online waiver at least 24 hours prior to your first Lane Reservation time. If you cannot complete the waiver online, you may print it, sign it and bring when you arrive for your swim. We will have copies to sign at the check in desk if all other options are unavailable to you. Pens will be provided.
Guidelines for Lap Swimming
effective September 8, 2020
- Lap Swimming will be Online reservation only (no drop-in’s, no guests – only members who have reserved a lane are allowed). You may reserve a lane for one 30 minute session or one 60 minute session, one per day, up to 8 days in advance and must be booked at least 12 hours prior to swim time. Lanes are for Lap Swimming or Water Walking only.
- Pool Hours: Lap Swim/ Walking will be open Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 9:30 PM and Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- Lanes will be limited to one person per lane unless all swimmers in the lane are from the same household or living unit. Always maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between each other at all times per Alameda County Health Dept. All Swimmers must be at least 18 years of age (*see exception).*Exception: Swimmers ages 14 – 17 may Lap Swim if they are on a Family Membership. Guardian must accompany teen at check-in.** Any swimmer needing a caregiver, aide or guardian while swimming must include name their name in the Lane Reservation Notes. That person may bring their own furniture (chair, umbrella) as long as it is not shared and is removed from the premises when they leave.
- Lanes can be reserved for one swimmer for one 30- minute session or one 60- minute session and in a specific lane. No back to back reservation may be made. You must enter the lane exactly at the reserved time and exit promptly when your time is up, allowing sufficient time for the next arrivals. Failure to exit promptly will result in a forfeiture of future reservations privileges. (Lanes will be Marked with a Blue Cone 1- 6).
- ALL LANES please enter and exit at side of lane without blue cones.
- Do not enter the pool until the previous swimmer is out. If it is your time to swim, announce your presence to the current swimmer.
- Family Swim: One member will make the reservation online in their name and enter all names of the other family members who will Lap Swim with them in the reservation notes.* All family members must be on the HBC Family Membership.
- Circle Swimming is not permitted unless all swimmers are from the same household.
- Harbor Bay Club requires all members to wear a face covering from your vehicle to check-in and when entering and leaving the pool. Face coverings must be worn when out of the water whenever 6 feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained, unless exempt under the face covering order.
- Entrance to the club for Lap Swimming will be at the main Fitness Center Door. You will be checked in by the Service Desk staff to confirm your reservation lane and time. You will exit the Fitness Center to the pool deck to wait for your lane.
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 10 minutes before your lane reservation start time.
- Follow all entrance and exit signs for entering and leaving the pool. Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between each other while waiting for your lane and when leaving the pool area.
- Sharing equipment is prohibited per Alameda County Health Dept. Equipment will not be provided by the Harbor Bay Club.
- Bring your own water bottle, swimming equipment and towel. Club towels will not be provided. Drinking fountains & water jugs will be unavailable. Members must dispose all trash in trash bins before leaving or take with you.
- The Outdoor Hot Tub is open for reservation.
- Lounges & chairs are not available. Each lane will have a designated table to place your personal belongings on.
- Restroom facilities in the JR. Locker Room will be available. Observe social distancing while waiting.
- Cancellation policy: Since we are only allowed to have 1 member per lane, each spot is very important to all members. Therefore, you must cancel your reservation online at least 24 hours prior to reserved time. If you NO-SHOW or cancel less than 24 hours prior to swim time reservation, there will be a cancellation fee of $10.
Additional General Guidelines:
- After Swimming leave the pool area as soon as reasonably possible.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after class.
- All Swimmers should leave the facility immediately after Lap Swim time ends.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
What can I do now to begin the process of booking a lane?
- If you plan on reserving a lane to swim, you can complete our waiver now. Complete online waiver
- Since all Lap Swim Reservations will be done by you Online, make sure you know your password to your HBC Online profile and are able to access your profile. Click here to login to your profile in HBC Online. Enter your email and password in the “Sign In” box at the left side of the page. All members already have a profile, so don’t add a new profile in the box at the right.