Oh What a Night, and $1,121 for AFB!
* * A night of good cheer raises $1,121 for AFB! * *
A BIG THANK YOU to HBC members and guests who packed the Clubhouse this past Tuesday night for HBC’s Annual Holiday Dinner. The energy, music, ambiance, and good cheer made for a memorable night which helped raise $1,121 for the Alameda Food Bank!
Mother Nature kicked in for good measure by delivering unseasonably balmy weather which, along with a few space heaters, allowed guests to enjoy awesome views of the bay and lights of San Francisco while they dined on the clubhouse balcony.
Adds AFB Director Hugh Leeper: “$1,121 is a great donation for a one night event and it will help us greatly. Demand for our services has continued at record high rates this year as it did last year and it is only through the generosity of our Alameda neighbors that we are able to keep meeting that demand.”
Special thanks to:
- Terrence Brewer for the great live music
- Strizzi’s for another fabulous menu of delicious food
- Hugh Cavanaugh and Marisa MacDonald for their veteran volunteer support for the Alameda Food Bank
- HBC’s decorating team for the festive surroundings.
For more pics, check out the 2012 Member Holiday Dinner Photo Album on HBC’s Facebook Page.