To make your experience at Harbor Bay Club more enjoyable for yourself and others, we kindly ask that you follow these guidelines.
- Proper workout clothing and closed-toed, rubber-soled shoes must be worn. Shoes may be removed while stretching on the carpeted area.
- Drink containers with lids are allowed in the fitness center, but no food.
- Use equipment wipes to wipe off machines before and after use.
- During peak times and when others are waiting, please limit your time on cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes.
- Allow other members to “work in” between sets on the strength equipment.
- Re-rack weights after use and return all equipment to where you found it.
- Use muscular control to lower weights. The floating wood floors, under the rubber, can crack from dropped weights. Do not slam or drop weights, including machines and free weights.
- Talk on the phone outside of the Fitness Center. No talking on cell phones inside the Fitness Center; it’s inconsiderate of other members.
Youth in the Fitness Center, Group Exercise and Mind & Body Classes:
- Children 0-13 are not allowed to use weights or strength equipment. This can lead to strain on young muscles, tendons and areas of cartilage that have not yet turned to bone.
- Children 0-13 are prohibited to take any classes as they are designed for adults.
- Children 11-13 may use cardio equipment next to a supervising adult member.
- Children14-17 may use the strength machines and weights next to a supervising adult member.
- Children14-17 who have completed the Teen Certification Program will be allowed to use the facilities unattended.
For more information, please call 510-521-5414