HBC’s pool is located along the bay with a beautiful view of San Francisco and Alameda’s main island beach shoreline. The average temperature of the pool is 82 degrees.
We offer a variety of programs throughout the year for all ages and swim skills, members and non-members alike, with an emphasis on family and youth programs during the Summer months. All of our classes are taught by highly qualified, experienced instructors.
- General pool use, open year round, for lap swimming, free swim, and fun!
- Private and Buddy Swim Lessons are available for children and adults. Private lessons provide 1:1 ratio of instruction, Buddy lessons provide 2:1 ratio of instruction. Available for all levels and ability with one of our excellent instructors.
- Come work out with the Masters Swim Team, a fun group of adult swimmers of all skill levels who will welcome you and share a great workout 3 times per week on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Our AM practice coach, Linda Gilchrist, was the 2009 Pacific Masters Coach of the year. She is an excellent coach, dedicated to giving you a great workout as well as continued stroke instruction. Offered year round.
- Aqua Aerobics, an excellent low-impact exercise choice for all levels of fitness, is offered 4 days a week. This one hour class combines stretching, cardiovascular work, and water walking performed to music, a great cardio and resistance training work out.
Late Spring, Summer and Early Fall programs:
- Group Lessons for the Pre-beginner (ages 3 and up), Beginner, and Advanced -beginners through 1 week/ M-F 30 minute sessions with a student /instructor ratio of 4:1. Spring, Summer, and Fall lessons available May – September.
- Private and Buddy Lessons are available for children and adults. Private lessons provide 1:1 ratio of instruction, Buddy lessons provide 2:1 ratio of instruction. Available for all levels and ability with one of our excellent instructors. Offered year-round.
- For water fun for the younger child we offer Tots to Tadpoles. This class is for parents and your 1 to 3 year old’s. Our instructors help you to teach your child to become comfortable in the water and learn pre-swimming skills through the use of songs, games, and water play. With the guidance of our excellent instructors, learn techniques through fun activities and methods to prepare your child for more formal lessons.
- Sport Camp Lessons are offered for those children who are enrolled in HBC’s fantastic Sport Camp! These are 1 week, 30 minute sessions of group lessons (4 to 1 ratio). A great way to add swimming into your day of camp! (separate fee required)
- Junior Swim Team is for the more advanced swimmer 6 years old and over who can swim the length of the pool with correct breathing. Come join the fun , enjoy team camaraderie, improve stroke technique and conditioning with our best coaches. Practices begin in June and run 5 days a week, monthly through the end of August (maybe September). One Inter-squad meet will be held.
For more information contact the Harbor Bay Club Aquatics Department at (510) 521-5416 Ext. 113 or Aquatics Director Maureen Mitchell at email@example.com.Take a Lesson