* Take the Pledge for a Healthy Lifestyle *
* And Join the Party on Oct. 20th! *
HBC has joined forces with Let’s Move Alameda to help reach a community-wide goal of 5,000 pledges! To celebrate this goal, the club is hosting it’s 1st Annual Let’s Move Alameda Fair. Admission is FREE, requires only this pledge, and is open to the public, members and non-members alike. Featuring live entertainment, great food from many local business favorites, and a Prize Drawing Worth $500, this fun-filled active event is sure to get everyone moving and smiling. So Take the Pledge (see below) and Join Us for a great party!
Led by the City of Alameda and Alameda Hospital, Let’s Move Alameda is a task force made up of 10 local non-profits whose mission is to work collaboratively with community stakeholders to develop initiatives that will reduce and prevent obesity and encourage healthy nutrition and physical activity among all children and youth in the City of Alameda. As a business partner, HBC is participating in this vital mission by hosting its 1st Annual Let’s Move Alameda celebration and donating a Raffle Prize Worth $500.
But it all starts with a personal commitment, so take the pledge today and enter for a chance to win big!
Pledge for a Healthy Lifestyle
On this day, and every day, I make a pledge to myself, my family and my friends:
- I will find a way to become active today, whether it is through exercise or daily activities.
- I understand that eating healthy is a a way of life.
- I will eat more fruits and vegetables.
- I will drink more water and enjoy its benefits to my body and my health.
- I will celebrate the body I have and know that I can be healthy and fit.
- I will ask for help when I am struggling and know this is a sign of strength, not failure.
- I will do my best to support others who are also working hard to be healthy.
- I will have fun and live, love and laugh every day.
- I will participate in Let’s Move! Alameda community events and activities as often as I can with a goal of 60 minutes of activity, 5 days a week.
- I will encourage others to take the Pledge for a Healthy Lifestyle.
- Play more!
- Walk, bike, rollerblade, jump rope, dance, hula hoop
- Visit a beach or local park
- Go outside! Enjoy the fresh air!
- Go on a hike!
- Take family outings that include sports and physical activity
- Join a recreational club, organized sport and/or workout group
Help us reach our community-wide goal of 5,000 pledges!